In this episode Mel interviews Annette Jones.
Annette has 25+ years experience in multiple businesses, management and training roles, holds Bachelor Adult Education and NLP Masters qualifications, is a published author and loves assisting and encouraging others.
Annette lives in Brisbane, where she’s worked from home during the past 7 years as a student of the Internet, developing her current travel site, World Travel Tribe, plus learning how to master social media and run two brick and mortar businesses, and start a Podcast.
Annette’s passion for travel began at 8 years old when she and her family emigrated from Manchester, U.K. to Sydney, Australia.
A self-confessed travel addict, lover of people, their cultures, food and personal growth, Annette has lived in Zimbabwe, Africa and Bougainville, Papua New Guinea, has travelled through various parts of the U.K., Europe, Africa, Mauritius, North America, Asia and her home country Australia.
You can find Annette at www.worldtraveltribe.com.
During Mel’s conversation with Annette they discuss:
- Annette’s bricks and mortar and online businesses
- How and why Annette wrote her book, The Separated Woman’s Guide to a Bright Future
- How Annette coped when her two businesses were flooded in the 2011 Brisbane floods
- Building an online culture and community
- The challenges around being a franchisee
- Travelling and writing about travel
- Things to consider before ending a long term relationship, particularly from a financial perspective
- Tips for managing your money so you pay your bills first
- The importance of coaches and being in a mastermind group
- The importance of asking for help and asking questions
- Weekly accountability catch ups
- Celebrating wins
- Future travel plans
- A priority list vs a to do list
Resources discussed in the show