In this episode Annette interviews Mel Kettle.
Mel Kettle is a communication and social media strategist, speaker, blogger, educator, board member and now podcaster.
She has worked in marketing communications for over 20 years and 9 years ago started consulting. During that time she also completed a Master of Business in Marketing and a Master of Public Health.
Mel is also an enthusiastic but very amateur photographer, a very keen eatie – as opposed to a foodie! And she loves to travel, which is all showcased in her food and travel blog, The cook’s notebook,
In her spare time, Mel also sits on the board of the International Association of Business Communicators (Qld), writes a marketing and social media blog at www.melkettle.com and is now adding podcaster to her list of accomplishments.
She lives in Brisbane with her partner Shaun and her 4 crazy chickens, Harriet, Moneypenny, Thelma and Louise.
During Annette’s conversation with Mel they discussed:
- Mel’s daily “routine”
- Writing morning pages
- Flexibility of working from home
- Starting her business in 2006
- Making the leap from being an employee to being a consultant
- Networking tips when starting a new business
- Juggling work and study
- Dealing with grief
- Writing two blogs and how they came about
- Why Mel started a podcast
- Getting away and recharging
- Staying focused on a relationship
- Meeting her partner on RSVP and then seeing a life coach together after only three months!
- Short term and long term goal setting
- Finding a melanoma and dealing with having skin cancer