In this episode we interview Darren Rowse.
Darren Rowse is one of Australia’s top bloggers, as well as author, speaker and podcaster.
In 2002 Darren stumbled upon an article about blogging and it changed his life. Today he earns a full time living from blogging at his two blogs, Digital Photography School and ProBlogger, where he blogs multiple times a week.
For the last six years Darren has run an annual ProBlogger Training Event, this year attended by over 700 very excited bloggers, including Mel and I.
Darren has also authored a number of books and ebooks, is a sought after conference speaker and podcast guest and earlier this year he launched his own ProBlogger Podcast.
In this episode we discuss
- what its like to have 5 million (!!!) views a month on your blog
- Darren’s daily rituals
- establishing a template for the week and scheduling your priorities
- maintaining focus as a dad – so that family takes priority
- setting up signals when you work from home, so your family knows when you are working and when you are happy for interruption
- separation from home and work when you work from home
- how Darren started blogging
- Darren’s favourite social media platform/s
- using Periscope
- why Darren started podcasting and what he loves about it
- what Darren loved most about 2015 ProBlogger event
- seven steps to better use your time
- staying focused and getting stuff done when you work from home
- favourite apps
- the importance of physical and mental health to blogging