In this episode we talk to Evernote expert, Helen Crozier.
Helen is a Technology Coach, Evernote Business Certified Consultant and the Founder of Keyboard Karma. Helen uses her 25 years of technology and productivity experience to select the best possible tools with tips on how to use the most important features. Keyboard Karma specialises in workflow and information management workshops and online consulting for a range of industries and companies of all sizes; and is currently launching a series of innovative interactive software guides.
Helen writes a blog and newsletter focusing on personal productivity and digital wellbeing. Her main focus is how to master technology so that we have time left for relationships, creativity and good health.
Helen is currently one of the first Australians to be certified as an Evernote business consultant, holds a Bachelor of Commerce majoring in business administration, has more than 10,000 followers on Twitter and prides herself on being way more digital-savvy than her adult children. Helen lives with her family in one of Sydney’s most picturesque coastal suburbs on the northern beaches and wouldn’t swap her life for anything.
You can find Helen at www.helencrozier.com.
In this episode we discuss
- reading in the morning
- creating “zones” for the day for blocking out time to get stuff done
- how much we are exposed to food and how much life can revolve around it
- setting up your day so you reclaim your agenda
- managing a daily to do list and choosing the most important things to do
- workflow and information management
- how to use Evernote effectively
- the difference between the free and premium versions of Evernote
- using hashtags in Evernote
- using Evernote offline
- using Evernote when travelling
- top things to do when first starting Evernote
- choosing a naming convention in Evernote
- stacks vs notebooks
- digital wellbeing
- productivity apps to help you focus and use your time more effectively
Resources discussed in the show
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- The Motivation Manifesto by Brendan Burchard
- The Charge by Brendan Burchard
- Get Plan – app
- Evernote email address
- Rescue Time
- Keyboard Karma Digital Pen Offer
- Duo Lingo
- Rhinoceros Success
- Helen also sent information about digital pens and an offer to buy one and get Evernote premium free for 12 months.