In this episode we interview Warwick Merry.
Warwick Merry is a bit of a slasher – professional speaker slash MC slash author slash coach slash poodle dad.
Warwick is also the founder of Get More, an organisation dedicated to igniting an inexhaustible passion for life in people. Warwick lives his life based on choices, not on “shoulds”. A few years ago he made the choice to turn his own life around, from working long hours in corporate Australia and failing to take care of his health to building a successful business working fewer hours and focusing on his health to lose over twenty kilos in the process.
You can find Warwick at www.warwickmerry.com
Find out more about Warwick’s Get Ready For Success in 2016 Workshop.
In this episode we discuss
- falling into a routine
- using your phone while on the loo (!)
- having healthy boundaries when you work for yourself
- planning out the year
- getting in the right head space for planning
- managing phone notifications
- challenges of working from home
- managing the “pick your brain” requests
- the importance of mentoring for accountability and getting stuff done
- resources to help get stuff done
- letting your diary run the day and not your inbox
- 5 D’s to manage your email
- tips to get the most out of your next 100 days
- why it is important to celebrate success
- defining what success is to you
- benefits of singing in a choir – and JOSH GROBAN!
- Warwick’s book, Get More Inspiration, which is designed NOT to read (!)
Resources discussed on the show
- Get More Speaking Success Blab
- Professional Speakers Australia
- Celebrate success shopping list