In this episode we interview Chef Dominique Rizzo.
Dominique Rizzo is one of Queensland’s leading female chefs who creates purely delicious, healthy and real food recipes that inspire people to make a change for the better while still loving their food.
As a Chef, author and presenter, Dominique’s aim is to inspire people to cook with fresh, seasonal and local produce. Through her innovative recipes and a healthy attitude her mission is to improve general wellbeing, build confidence in the kitchen, inspire creative cooking and bring vitality onto peoples plates.
Dominique’s life and work centres around her philosophy “Through the sharing of food we share life and one is never lonely or hungry.”
Dominique’s passion for all things purely food, coming together, connecting and sharing led her into her new venture Putia: Pure Food Kitchen, School and Pantry which opened in October 2014 on Brisbane’s north side.
Dominique is also the author of “My Taste of Sicily” which showcases a beautiful collection of delicious family friendly recipes highlighting her passion for fresh healthy cooking and her Sicilian heritage. She also runs a series of “Pure Food, Wine and Cooking Tours”, taking small groups of people on an amazing cooking, eating and cultural experience through Southern Italy, Sicily and surrounding Islands.
In this episode we discussed
- Dominique’s food tours
- aspiring to a morning routine
- perks of having your own business
- how your have different work priorities when you are single vs as part of a couple (and in love!)
- measuring success
- being an “overnight success”
- becoming a chef
- being the first chef on the cover of Australian Gourmet Traveller magazine
- being on Ready Steady Cook
- the benefit of having an assistant
- valuing yourself
- getting married (whoo hoo!!)