Our guest today is Dr Jenny Brockis.
Dr Jenny Brockis
Dr. Jenny Brockis is the Brain Fitness Doctor. She specialises in brain health and the science of high-performance thinking. Passionate about all things “brain” she inspires her audiences by translating neuroscience into simple practical tools that help people work smarter not harder.
A medical practitioner, she has a strong background in health and human behaviour. She loves working with people to help them live well, think better and get more out of their lives. She understands that while intentions may be good, changing behaviours and ways of doing is not always easy!
Dr Jenny is also an international speaker and author of three books.
When not speaking, researching or writing, she loves to spend time with her family, travel the world and continue to challenge her long-standing fear of heights.
You can find Jenny at www.drjennybrockis.com and if you buy a copy of her book from her site, she will sign it.
In this episode we discuss:
- changing from being a practising doctor to being a full-time author and speaker
- what is success?
- morning routines
- benefits of meditation
- what brain fitness is and why it’s important
- how to increase our level of brain fitness
- challenging your brain and trying new things
- the feeling of overwhelm
- the benefits of video games for brain fitness
- measuring success of brain fitness
- what managers can do to improve brain health in the workplace
- the impact of presenteeism on the workforce and the global economy
- the blurring between work and life
- the importance of sleep for brain health and having sleep debt
- the benefits of napping
- the impact of social media on focusing
- tips to stay focused
- nomophobia – the fear of being out of mobile phone contact
- going on a technology diet – and the medical and productivity benefits
- multitasking – it’s not possible!