In this episode we interview Caroline (Caz) Makepeace.
Caroline (Caz) Makepeace wants to live in a world where people fearlessly follow their heart to embrace travel more.
She’s the co-founder of ytravelblog.com, one of the world’s biggest travel blogs and has been featured by notable brands such as Virgin Australia, Expedia and Lonely Planet. In 2014 Caz and her husband Craig were invited to attend the first travel summit at the White House as top digital travel influencers.
When not travelling and writing about it, you can find Caz swinging in a beach hammock at sunset to the tunes of Jack Johnson, or buying another crystal to meditate with at a local market.
You can find Caz at www.ytravelblog.com.
In this episode we discuss:
- Caz and Craig’s visit to the White House
- How they fit everything into their day
- Layering vs multitasking
- Caz’s morning routine and why meditation is important to her
- Caz and Craig’s 18 month road trip around Australia
- Travelling and running an online business with dodgy internet connections
- Distance education
- A love of writing and blogging
- How Y Travel Blog started
- Keeping on top of everything blogging entails – social media, SEO, managing email, writing content
- Making money from blogging
- Tools to save time
- Tips for working with brands
- Business failures
- Saving money so you can travel more
- Morning rituals
- Caz’s top tip to get stuff done.
Resources discussed in the show:
- Dr Wayne Dyer
- Marianne Williamson
- World Tourism Forum, Istanbul, February 2016
- Tailwind app
- The 30 day Money Cleanse free webinar